Springfield Partners provides performance-based foster care case management services in Greene, Barry, Lawrence, Stone, and Taney Counties. SGF Partners provides case management as authorized by the Children's Division to children and families:
- Abused and neglected children under the jurisdiction of the Juvenile Court who have been placed in out-of-home care.
- Children of youth under the jurisdiction of the Juvenile Court who have been placed in out-of-home care.
- The families and siblings of children placed in out-of-home care under the jurisdiction of the Juvenile Court.
- Out-of-home care foster parent and resource home providers
- Ensure a safe environment and well-being for all children served.
- Timely permanency.
- Reunification of children in out-of-home placements with their family (preferably a parent, parents or grandparent(s) other suitable relatives as provided by law) whenever possible and in the best interests of the child.
- Continuity of placement for the child in out-of-home care.
- Preserve a child's connection to the family of origin when possible.
- Uphold a child's right to belong to a family.
- Satisfaction, by the child served and their family, to the extent that the family's case manager has met requirements as set out by the court.
The average age of a child in foster care is ten years old. However, children in foster care can range from newborn to 21 years of age.
Children may be in foster care for one day or longer. The goal of foster care is to provide a safe, nurturing home for a child while support and assistance is given to the biological parents in order to make their home safe for the child's return. Most children return home to their birth families, though some are placed with adoptive, kinship, or guardianship families.
All foster children are eligible for medical assistance, which covers medical, prescription, dental, and mental health services.
It is possible to work full-time and be a foster parent. Child care is provided by the state, as needed.
Springfield Partners, LLC through Lutheran Family and Children's Services